As an experienced business development specialist, you will be focused on driving growth for both our clients and agencies.
To apply for this job please visit codeable.applytojob.com.
Codeable connects a community of elite WordPress development experts from around the world with businesses that need a WordPress site built, developed, maintained, fixed or optimized. We’re the only WordPress exclusive services platform and community, with over 800 freelance developers and teams, delivering projects of all sizes to clients globally.
Our mission is to build the most vibrant WordPress developer services community and to create a better way of working for all parties in the WordPress ecosystem when it comes to WordPress websites, whether that’s for developers, clients, or partners.
What you’ll be doing…..
As an experienced business development specialist, you will be focused on driving growth for both our clients and agencies. Through new client acquisition and agency partner activation, you’ll be working as our Opportunity Development Specialist to build long-term relationships with businesses and organizations that are a good fit for Codeable’s service offerings. This position will report directly to the Opportunity Management & Development Manager.
As a member of our diverse team, you’ll be….
- Prospecting and researching businesses that are aligned with and would benefit from Codeable offerings of premium WordPress development services
- Crafting thoughtful and engaging messaging to initiate contact and generate interest among client and agency leads
- Designing and implementing prospecting strategies to drive Codeable’s growth
- Conducting cold outreach and preliminary qualification & education of potential client and agency opportunities through various channels (email, social media, etc.)
- Working with the OM Team to hand off leads ready to onboarded
- Working with the Marketing Team to align business development strategies
- Working with the Partners Team to align with partner business development strategies
- Working with the Expert team to align on expert resourcing supply & demand
- Engaging with clients primarily via Hubspot, Intercom, the Codeable app, and other various channels
- Contributing as part of the broader Codeable team to further evolve Opportunity Management & Development, Client Success, and Codeable overall
You’ll need to be…..
Ridiculously passionate about building client relationships and have a proven track record for business development and new client acquisition. You don’t need to be a WordPress genius (that’s what our experts are for!)
We’d love to chat with you if you have experience working at larger agencies or platforms selling digital web services:
- 2+ years experience building and retaining new client relationships for a digital agency, platform, business, etc
- Understanding project briefs/scopes of work & budgets, and web development projects generally
- Impeccable written & verbal English language skills (native speaker or native level -> additional written and/or spoken languages a plus)
- Experience in outside sales and business development roles with record of client acquisition through to conversion and retention
- Familiarity with Hubspot CRM for entry and management of prospective opportunities
- Polite, professional sales demeanor
- Empathic, able to mediate and resolve conflict and client issues with poise
- Strategic thinker with strong attention to detail
- Positive-minded, works well on a team, but self-disciplined and autonomous
- Able to work autonomously and asynchronously with Codeable Teams
- Compassionate, accepting, and mindful towards all peoples and cultures
- Eagerness to grow within the company and contribute to Codeable as a who
- Prior remote work experience preferred
Location and Hours:
This is a full-time remote position open willing to work during Eastern Time Zone (UTC -5).
How we work…..
- We are a fully distributed team, so we use a combination of Slack, internal blogs and online meetings to communicate and collaborate; frequent and clear written communication is a must
- We default to trust and care about the work you produce, not just the hours you put in
- We get the whole company together once a year on a retreat
- We are very serious about our work, but also take fun seriously; we always appreciate a good joke and tend to not take ourselves too seriously
- We expect you to work well with culturally diverse individuals, since our internal team is from all around the world and our experts and clients span every continent (not Antarctica)
- Being a small team we expect individuals to show initiative and not be afraid to take on new challenges and roles
How the selection process operates…..
- All candidates go through an initial resume screening process
- We then invite all shortlisted candidates for an online interview with our Head of Support and the Opportunity Management & Development Manager – the goal of this interview is to get to know each other better, talk about your experience with WordPress and client-facing roles
- If we find we’re a good fit, we’ll send you a couple of sample WordPress related questions and a couple client-related situations to respond to within 24 hours to gauge how well you deal with some of the questions and scenarios you’ll handle on a daily basis
- If we’re happy with the outcome of your work, we’ll invite you to a 2nd interview – the goal of this interview is to discuss your work and give you the opportunity to walk us through your problem-solving process and supply you with another set of questions that will test your prioritization and communication skills
- After the second interview, we will be reaching out with a job offer to the successful individual
Equal Opportunity Statement
Codeable is an equal opportunity organization that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Codeable makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Your data will not be commercially shared with, or used by, any third parties.
Codeable will manage your data in Workable, the tool we use to manage the Expert application process.
We are Codeable ApS, a company registered in Denmark
Codeable will only use your data applicant in relation to your inquiry to become a Codeable Expert